We are looking for an experienced writer to join our content team. The successful candidate will enrich our online presence as well as provide content for our biannual publications, SiGMA, and Block magazine. We are an events company servicing three verticals –Gaming (online and land-based), Emerging Tech, Medical Tech & Medical Cannabis – with events in 4 continents; Africa, Europe, LatAm, and Asia. We are looking for an inspired content writer to work within our existing content team to help plan, strategize, and develop content, which is educational, inspiring, and entertaining. Our ideal candidate possesses demonstrable creative writing skills. Content planning and development skills would be an added benefit. If you also have experience in generating media sales, marketing focussed copy, or in working with graphic design tools, then we would like to meet you. Ultimately, you should be able to participate in all written content initiatives to ensure brand awareness, inbound lead generation, and thought leadership brand consistency.
- Plan, strategize, and develop monthly content calendars, which are aligned with the company’s content targets.
- Collaborate with events, sales, video, marketing, and design teams to plan and develop content
- Support SiGMA’s events by creating engaging, promotional content
- Create and publish engaging content geared towards SIGMA Group’s verticals.
- Edit, proofread and improve existing content.
- Liaise with external content providers and clients to execute paid content packages and guest posts.
- Optimize content to accommodate Search Engine Optimisation. (SEO)
- Optimize content according to pillar content and topic clusters.
- Use content management systems to analyze website traffic and users’ engagement metrics.
- Ensure compliance with the law. (e.g. copyright and data protection)
- Stay up-to-date with developments in the field and generate new ideas to draw the audience’s attention.
- Proven work experience as a content writer
- Hands-on experience with image creation tools such as Photoshop
- Hands-on experience with HubSpot, MS Office, and WordPress
- Basic knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Familiarity with social media
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- An undergraduate degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communication, or equivalent is desired but not required
- HubSpot Marketing & Content Certified is a plus