Bluepear.net helps protect companies from undesirable contextual traffic being directed to their brand sources
Hello everyone! My name is Valentin Darechkin. I’m the product owner at Bluepear.net. My article is dedicated to how we help protect companies from getting undesirable contextual traffic being directed to their brand sources. Basically, how to cope with brand-bidding.
In our experience, nearly all affiliate networks prohibit leading contextual traffic to their brands.
The best way to illustrate the problem is through an example:
Company ABC has a brand named “CasinoOnline”. They buy leads from “Super Ads” affiliate network. The rules state that contextual advertising to the “CasinoOnline” brand sources is prohibited. There are two main reasons for that:
- A search query where the keywords of “CasinoOnline” brands are used – is known as organic traffic. When publishers start to lead traffic using CasinoOnline’s brand keywords – they essentially take CasinoOnline’s organic traffic away from Company ABC. People searching for CasinoOnline’s brand could click on the publisher’s ad, followed by a targeted action which results in Company ABC having to pay the publisher!
- It’s an additional competition to CasinoOnline’s own brand keywords. If CasinoOnline buy their own brand’s ads it increases the cost per click to keep top positions in those search results.
As a consequence:
- CasinoOnline brand loses a part of its own organic traffic.
- What is even worse, Company ABC has to pay deceitful publishers for leads generated from CasinoOnline’s own search query’s keywords.
- Company ABC and CasinoOnline have additional expenditure to contextual advertising because of the increased cost per click to keep top positions in those search results.
How much traffic do you lose?
It’s impossible to know for sure but we estimate the following:
- You have 100 000 search queries according to your brand’s keywords every day.
- CTR of an advertisement is 10%.
- CTR of a targeted action – 5%.
Based on the above estimates we believe the publisher should be paid for 500 leads.
Most brands only find out about contextual traffic as a result of it’s behavioural characteristics or by accidently seeing a search result with the publisher’s advertisement.
Many brands are not able to calculate the magnitude of the problem because they not monitor their brand search queries at all times of the day, across different devices and GEO’s, using different IP addresses 24/7. These deceitful publishers know they sending you your own organic traffic so they use targeted ads to find the loop holes making them very difficult to identify on your own.
How can Bluepear.net help you?
BluePear.net monitors your brand search queries and websites according to any gadget type, GEO, and options 24 hours a day.
We prepare reports, supporting documents, along with screenshots of the websites, referring URL’s, and marketing material to identify any publishers using your brand search queries.
We help protect you from paying affiliate networks for your own organic traffic, while keeping the costs down on your own brand terms. If there are any disputes from affiliate networks, we can supply all the necessary documentation to prove 100% where the traffic came from.
How to start working with BluePear.net?
- Download your keys – The system will monitor search queries and websites according to your keys.
- Set the extra options – GEO, gadget types, monitoring frequency, etc.
- Wait a little bit – The system will gather all the necessary key information within 24 hours.
- Done! – Take your results in the private office or receive it to your e-mail!
How much does access to the service cost?
Bluepear.net works using a subscription model. All our customers are unique and have different business needs based on the GEO’s in which they operate. Please contact me for a free demonstration or to discuss your requirements and I will be happy to discuss our proposition with you. We can also supply a customised quotation to suit your precise business needs.
About SiGMA Europe:
SiGMA Europe will take place on April 13-15, 2021. Europe remains a leading market for gaming, making this the perfect opening gaming show for 2021. Join us for the 7th edition of SiGMA at the MFCC – Malta Fairs & Conventions Centre, and explore how you can benefit from being a delegate, a sponsor, an exhibitor or a keynote speaker.