We are seeking to recruit an experienced Managing News Editor to be able to set up a new specialized news service dedicated to the worldwide gaming industry. The position will require an established and already experienced leader in the sector, who will be tasked to recruit his team of journalists and reporters, working in different gaming hubs across the globe and feeding daily updates into the news service. Apart from exceptional good leadership and management skills, the required Managing News Editor will be responsible for leading, daily, a newsroom focused on research, reporting, writing, editing, and publishing high-quality gaming industry content.
- Recruiting and setting up a team of journalists and reporters and positioning them in a setup where this news service can be close to what is going on in the global industry and reporting about it.
- Manage a team of professionals and motivating ideas on reporting and writing high-quality original content for the news service online platforms.
- Overseeing content, editing, and publishing news articles in print, audio-visual and online formats.
- Edit and overseeing commissioned content and publishing in a timely fashion to maximize commercial goals and company strategies.
- Working with management to develop a strategy and schedule for content across various platforms.
- Working with stakeholders and product owners to deliver original content that aligns with news requirements, product updates, and website development.
- Continually suggesting new and exciting ways to engage and form relationships through the development of content
- Experience in a similar role, mostly in managing and leading a newsroom.
- Experience writing and editing copy for a leading news service, possibly relating to the gaming industry.
- Fluent in English, and an excellent writer and communicator. Other languages considered to be an advantage.
- Experienced in working within digital content writing – Gambling industry a plus
- Demonstrated experience in managing online content.